lunes, 26 de julio de 2021

Post 10: English Language Challenges

 To be very honest, I think English is a subject that I have neglected this semester. I've had a hard time keeping up with the blogs and the classes. I'm not proud of that, because I think you can get a great deal of learning out of this field, but in this semester I was very stressed and it was difficult for me to organize my time. Anyway, I think it has helped me a lot to write, speak and think in English more often.

I must admit that sometimes I didn’t blog because it was a bit difficult for me to connect with the content that was requested, that is, thinking about the future at such an uncertain time as the pandemic left me a bit existential and sad. However, now that I wrote the blogs, I think they helped me to have a common thread between what I am doing today to build a future in which I feel good about myself, at least in academic terms. Although I had a hard time seeing it that way.

I still have many things to improve to be able to feel comfortable, for example, listening to people that speak in English I can understand almost 100% of what they say - as long as they have good pronunciation - but writing or speaking in English is something that still is difficult to me. Especially the pronunciation, but I know it's just a matter of practice, and I also hope that one day I can go to an English-speaking country to practice it firsthand.

Since I left school, I have tried to practice my English in different ways so as not to lose my level, for example, listening to a lot of music in English, looking for the lyrics and trying to learn them or watching movies or series in English with English subtitles to be able to practice reading and listening. Also, as a matter of fact, my grandmother is an English teacher so we usually speak in English at home so that my little brother does not understand us.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Post 10: English Language Challenges

  To be very honest, I think English is a subject that I have neglected this semester. I've had a hard time keeping up with the blogs an...