lunes, 26 de julio de 2021

Post 6: Post Graduated Studies

 I have many plans for the future, and so different between them. One of my dreams has always been to study theatre, because it is something that fascinates me a lot. Even though it was one of my principal options when I had to decide to choose a career, I refused to take that path, because it is very frightening studying an artistic career, since arts are an area that has been so neglected in Chile and it doesn’t get the value it deserves. But I decided to study Sociology, because it is also something that fascinates me a lot.

About my studies related to the sociological area, I would like to do a master´s degree in gender matters, either in Chile or in another Latin American country like Mexico or Brazil. I would love for my studies to allow me to travel through Latin America and meet different women, LGBT people, and feminisms. It’s a dream and a goal that I hope to achieve, it would make me immensely happy.



Anyway, I think money is a pretty big limitation. It is very sad that the purchasing power makes a really big difference when it comes to education. At this moment I am with gratuity, so I’m lucky that I don’t get into debt to be able to study, but even so, I feel that the economic future of me and my family is very uncertain, so it's sad to think about the limitations when the desires to learn are big. Anyway, I hope I can achieve my goals, gradually.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Post 10: English Language Challenges

  To be very honest, I think English is a subject that I have neglected this semester. I've had a hard time keeping up with the blogs an...