lunes, 26 de julio de 2021

Post 7: Avatar: The Last Airbender.

 Today I would like to write about my favorite series. It is an animated series, but they have really helped me a lot to distract myself in pandemic times and to regain faith in humanity haha.


The first of all is Avatar: The last airbender (ATLA). This is an animated series that I saw for the first time in my childhood. I remember that the idea of being able to dominate an element (earth, water, fire or air) was something that I dreamed of every time I saw this series.

ATLA is set in an "Asian" style world in which some people can master the elements, but only the "Avatar" can master the four elements, as it’s the bridge between the spiritual world and the physical world with the aim of maintaining harmony among the four nations of the world. The series focuses on the journey of Aang, a 12-year-old monk, the last airbender who awakens after being frozen in an iceberg for 100 years. Together with the help of Katara, Sokka and Toph decide to go on a journey so that Aang can master the three missing elements and end the war that the Fire Nation has started.


I think it’s a very complete series. There is a lot of action, but it also invites us to reflect on friendships, peace, violence and the redemption of people. In addition, the spiritual component is something that is very present in each of the episodes. In fact, my favorite chapter is one called "Chakras", where Aang goes to visit a monk who helps him unlock his Chakras so that he can enter the Avatar State again.


As if that wasn't enough, in 2012 The Legend of Korra (TLOK) was released, set 70 years after ATLA, where Korra is the next reincarnation of the Avatar. In my opinion, this series is more mature than the previous one. In the first place, the characters are 16-year-old adolescents, so their reflections are deeper, even in some chapters it is difficult to believe that it is a series for children due to the depth that some themes are given. I think it is very different from ATLA, because what I rescue the most from TLOK is that it has a very strong criticism of different government systems in each of its seasons. In the first one you see a social war in search of social rights; in the second season there is a civil war between the two water tribes; the third book investigates anarchism, its failures and its achievements; finally, in the fourth book totalitarianism is criticized with the introduction of Kuvira as dictator.

Both series are totally captivating and worth every second of their plot.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Post 10: English Language Challenges

  To be very honest, I think English is a subject that I have neglected this semester. I've had a hard time keeping up with the blogs an...